With CONsole Room 2015 just 3.5 weeks away, we’re sad to announce that a few of our guests have had to bow out. Sam Stone and David J. Howe are no longer able to attend due to a very unexpected health issue and artist Brent Schoonover has conflicting work the same weekend as CONsole Room. We’ll definitely miss having them this year, but wish them the best and hope to bring them to another convention in the future!
With this news, we’ve been hard at work finding additional guests and we’re excited to announce that Gareth David-Lloyd, better known as Ianto Jones from Torchwood, will now be joining us for the weekend! Sponsors and mixer ticket-holders can see him at the Thursday evening mixer and all attendees will see him at panels and autograph/photograph sessions throughout the weekend. Torchwood fans unite!
In addition to Gareth, we’re also happy to have Twin Cities author Daniel Wallace with us. Daniel has written a number of reference guides, articles, and short stories about the Star Wars universe and we’re glad to have him with us to share his knowledge during the weekend. We can’t wait for you to see both Gareth and Daniel in a few weeks!
Don’t forget that pre-registration closes THIS FRIDAY, so if you want to get in on all this fun, get your membership before then! Head over to our Registration page to get the process started.
The time has come! Yes, we’re ready to reveal not one, not two, but SEVEN guests for CONsole Room 2015: The Twin Cities Dilemma! Joining previously-announced Guest of Honor Colin Baker in May are the following Featured Guests:
- Ellie Darcey-Alden – Ellie played Franny in the 2012 Christmas special The Snowmen and also played young Lily Evans Potter in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
- Joseph Darcey-Alden – Joseph played Franny’s brother Digby in The Snowmen.
- David J. Howe – David has written numerous non-fiction works about Doctor Who and is the managing director and editor of Telos Publishing.
- Sam Stone – Sam is an award-winning author of numerous novels, novellas, and short stories in the horror, science fiction, and steampunk genres.
- Lars Pearson – Lars is the publisher and editor-in-chief of Mad Norwegian Press and one of North America’s foremost Doctor Who experts.
- Robert Smith? – Robert is a professor at the University of Ottawa as well as an author/editor. He is currently putting the finishing touches on Outside In 2: 125 Unique Perspectives on 125 Modern Doctor Who Stories by 125 Writers.
- Kathryn Sullivan – Kathryn is an author of young adult fantasy and science fiction books, including some Doctor Who-related works.
We can’t wait for you to meet all of these guests in May! And we’re still working on some additional guests, so keep watching for more announcements and be sure to book your membership before rates go up on 14th February.
…and it seems, not a moment too soon!
We’re delighted to announce that the Doctor is IN for CONsole Room 2015 because Colin Baker will be joining us! Colin is best known to Doctor Who fans from his time as the Sixth Doctor (1984-1986), though you may also recognize him as Commander Maxil, the role he played in the Fifth Doctor story Arc of Infinity. In addition to Doctor Who, Colin has had a long and varied career in theatre, television, film, and writing and we couldn’t be happier to welcome him to CONsole Room 2015: The Twin Cities Dilemma.
We’re just getting started with our guest list, so head over to our Registration page to pick up your membership now before prices go up next Sunday (16 Nov). And of course, don’t forget to visit our Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages to join in the conversation there.
See you in May!