"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind." - The Doctor
We are dedicated to creating a safe, inclusive space at CONsole Room for all. Please be sure to review our official CONsole Room policies below.
COVID-19 Policies & Practices
The health and safety of our attendees is of the utmost importance to us. While we are excited to reimagine the CONsole Room experience to include both in-person and virtual community members, please note the safety guidelines we have in place for in-person attendees of our 2022 convention. We are continuing to monitor the impact of COVID-19 in our communities and utilize guidance from state and world governing health systems and will continue to update these policies as needed.
- All in-person attendees for CONsole Room 2022 must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This means that, regardless of age, you must have received your only dose of a single-dose vaccine or your second dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 6, 2022. You will be required to show proof of vaccination when picking up your badge.
- We understand that this decision impacts families with youth 4 years of age and younger and individuals with medical concerns in particular. Please know that we do not make this decision lightly but it is important that we prioritize the health and safety of our attendees and provide the safest environment possible. If you are not able to attend in person, we will have multiple ways for you to participate in our convention in a virtual setting. See our virtual options on our REGISTRATION PAGE.
- We are requiring masks for all in-person attendees. Based on the latest global health information, masks are currently being recommended for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. Additionally, the common spaces of the hotel will be shared with non-convention goers who may or may not be vaccinated. We will continue to monitor health and safety guidance and update accordingly.
- Our convention hotel has made additional changes to prioritize the cleanliness of our convention space. VISIT THE HILTON WEBSITE to see what practices the hotel has put in place, such as distanced tables in the hotel restaurant and accessible disinfecting stations.
- We have made changes to our regular in-person processes, including:
- Reducing touch points between attendees, such as removing shared craft supplies, and providing individual writing utensils and supplies where possible.
- Modifying ConSuite to prioritize pre-packaged options. A very small number of items, such as coffee, that couldn't be pre-packaged will be staff-served only.
- Providing designated food/drink areas within our convention space.
CONsole Room is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable convention experience for everyone. Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated. If people tell you “no” or to leave them alone, your business with them is done.
Leave them alone. Do not follow them or attempt to disrupt their convention experience in any way. If you continue to attempt to have contact with those people, you may be removed from the premises.
CONsole Room is not responsible for solving any interpersonal problems that may arise between individual members. In general, we can take no action to prevent a person from attending the convention unless that person has made a specific and credible threat toward the convention itself. If you feel that a threat exists against your person, we advise you to seek a restraining order against the individual in question and to involve the host hotel itself (security staff specifically) and the municipal police department in advance of the convention; otherwise, we recommend simply avoiding that individual.
If that individual stalks, harasses, or attempts to assault you at the convention itself, you may report that individual to a CONsole Room staff member (they will report it to the hotel’s security staff, who will get the police involved if necessary) or you may report it to hotel security directly, and the appropriate action will be taken. Conversely, any attempt to have an innocent person removed from the convention by falsely accusing him or her of threats will be itself treated as an act of harassment and will be dealt with appropriately. The responsibility for settling interpersonal disputes lies solely with the individuals involved, and CONsole Room will not tolerate being used as a leveraging point in such disputes attending the convention unless that person has made a specific and credible threat toward the convention itself. As stated above, if you feel that a threat exists against your person, we advise you to seek a restraining order against the individual in question and to involve the host hotel itself (security staff specifically) and the municipal police department in advance of the convention; otherwise, we recommend simply avoiding that individual.
Big thanks to our friends at CONvergence for allowing our adoption of this policy!