CONsole Room Convention Celebrates 10 Years of Sci-Fi Fandom
CONsole Room Events will be celebrating the 10th year of CONsole Room, Minnesota’s annual Doctor Who-themed convention, in Bloomington on January 20-22, 2023.
Bloomington, MN – December 22, 2022 – CONsole Room Events is proud to bring CONsole Room to Bloomington, MN for the tenth year in a row in 2023. The family-friendly convention, which has been held annually since 2014, celebrates the TV show Doctor Who and, more importantly, the community and connections that have stemmed from it.
“In ten years of celebrating Doctor Who fandom in Minnesota, what brings me the most joy is seeing friendships that have grown on social media and in real life, and knowing that they met at CONsole Room,” says Jason Tucker, CONsole Room Co-Chair and Founder.
These connections continue to be at the heart of the CONsole Room convention experience, and for the second year in a row CONsole Room is offering inclusive hybrid engagement that invites fans near and far into the convention. That experience includes a mix of standard and less-conventional offerings that the convention has become known for, from expected panels and guest interviews to unique creative spaces and cooperative games, including:
- Guests of Honour from the long-running TV show, including Sophie Aldred (“Ace”) and Tom Knight (“Luke Smith” in the spinoff The Sarah Jane Adventures).
- Local and global professionals related to science, science fiction, and fandom, including author T. Aaron Cisco, costumer Steven Ricks, Assistant Professor of Astronomy Anna Williams, and more.
- Additional standard offerings, such as panel discussions, autograph and photograph opportunities, and multiple vendor spaces will also be available for attendees.
- “WhoItYourself” events celebrating the originality and creativity in the fandom, including a painting event and a hydroponics workshop
- Virtual and in-person connection via our digital Discord space
- Guides for virtual attendees to recreate some of the in-person experience at home, such as a themed “fish fingers and custard” pizza.
Tickets for CONsole Room are on sale now and at the door, with prices for all ages ranging from $0 to $240. The convention also has a room block available at the convention hotel for attendees wishing to book a room for the weekend. CONsole Room will be requiring attendees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and masked throughout the convention. More information about the event can be found on the convention website: www.console-room.com
About CONsole Room
CONsole Room, THE Twin Cities’ Doctor Who convention, is hosted by Minnesota-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit CONsole Room Events. Created by fans, for fans, CONsole Room was first held in 2014 and continues to be a hub for Doctor Who fans in Minnesota to share their favorite stories, debate Time Lord science, create costumes and props, dance the night away, and so much more.