The TARDIS wardrobe awaits! Whether you’re wearing your 7th Doctor pullover that you’ve had since 1988, or if you cross-play as 11, you’ll hope to see you in costume and also welcome you to participate in our Hall Costume Competition!
We can’t wait to see all the Time Lords, Time Ladies, Draconians, Weeping Angels, companions, and other alien races and characters parading the halls, and the virtual envirtons, all weekend!
Please note: Details for costuming in 2024 are still forthcoming. Take a look below to see what we did for 2023!
Please Note: CYBERMITE ticket holders are welcome to participate, but will not be eligible to win. All attendees, however, can vote for their favorites using our Discord Server.
To enter the Costume Contest please follow all of the instructions below:
- Register for CONsole Room 2023
- All participants must be registered attendees of the current convention.
- Note: visit our registration page to learn about our virtual ticket options.
- Submit One Entry
- Fill out the online entry form or the in-person entry form at the Costume Registration table.
- Only one entry is allowed per person for the whole weekend, so consider which costume you want to enter before you start taking pictures.
- Please Note: One entry can include multiple people. However, for all people in that entry it is their one entry and they cannot also be part of another entry, whether as an individual or as a group.
- Email One Photo
- Email your picture to email@example.com. Put “Costume Contest” and the your “Entry Title” in the subject line.
- Only one photo is allowed per entry, so consider carefully before submitting your photo.
- We recommend you take your photo in front of as solid/plain a background as possible.
- Share Permission
- All participants and photographers must sign the photo release via the online form or the in-person form at the Costume Registration table.
- All minors must have a Parent or Guardian sign for them.
- If the photograph is on the device of the entrant, the owner of the device can be considered the photographer.
- Submit Before Deadline
- All entries must be submitted no later than 11:50 pm on Saturday, January 21
- Two Ways to Win: Social Butterfly and Judge's Choice
- Social Butterfly
- A CONsole Room volunteer will post your entry and photo into the “2023 Costume Contest” Text Channel within our Discord Server.
- All attendees can vote for their favorites by liking entries in the “2023 Costume Contest” Text Channel within our Discord Server. All entries will be posted by 9 am on Sunday, January 21st. Voting will end at 4:00 pm on Sunday, January 21st. Central Time (CST)
- Judge's Choice
- Judging for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be done by a panel of judges on Sunday morning.
- Winning entries for all categories will be announced during the Closing Ceremony. If you are selected as a winner you will be contacted via email earlier on Sunday, January 23 to arrange the pick-up of your award. If you are attending in-person, we hope you can pick up the item on Sunday during the Closing Ceremony. Other options will be be available.
- Social Butterfly
Join us in celebrating our love of Cosplay! There are multiple ways you can participate.
Costume Contest Channel on Discord
Visit the "2023 Costume Contest" Channel on CONsole Room's Discord server to view all the entries for this year's contest. Like all your favorites! The one with the most likes will be getting an award. Vote for your favorites by 4pm on Sunday, January 22nd
Cosplay Chat Channel on Discord
Do you have questions about cosplay or costuming? Do you want to see more pictures or want some advice? Post your question, share advice, post pictures, and celebrate works in progress in the "Cosplay Chat" channel in our Discord server.
**Note: you can find the invitation to CONsole Room's Discord server in your Eventbrite confirmation email. Visit our Registration page to learn about virtual ticket options.
Cosplay doesn't end when the convention does! All year long you are welcome to post pictures of your cosplays in our Facebook #WhoItYourself Community, or by tagging us on Instagram or Twitter.
Be social with our hashtags!
Share your cosplay on social media with the rest of the community by using our hashtags: